Friday, October 8, 2010

Erica's Run To Strikeback Against Cancer 5K

My 5th race of the year was pretty uneventful. It was in Merrimack NH on a beautiful September morning. It was a race of about 250 people, a good majority of them were just walkers as this was a charity event. I love walkers. Anyways. The course was a flat loop. 3 times around. It was my first loop course and I didn't think I would like it, but it really didn't matter. Although being lapped wasn't a highlight. But I showed some of those walkers who the boss was by lapping them.


Good Things: I didn't stop, but the weird thing is I was about 100 yrds from the finish line and I almost stopped. It was like a little battle was going on between my head and my legs. Head won, but legs were pissed.

Personal record. Only by about 30 seconds.

Bad things: Only knocked 30 seconds off my personal best. I run better than that now a days. At least I should.

I was tired! I think my big mistake was not taking a rest day before the race. The day before I did a 5.1 mile run (at a blistering 10:19 pace I might add) that really wore me out. I didn't think it would matter, but it was clear it did.

No comments: