Tuesday, April 22, 2008

261 Pounds

I weighed myself last night. 261 pounds. And although I don't really subscribe 100% to the BMI thing, according to it I'm morbidly obese. Its not that I disagree with the obese part, but in order for me not to be obese according to the BMI charge I would need to weigh 164. I think I was 10 years old the last time I weighed 164 pounds. But that's besides the point.

261 pounds is the most I have ever weighed. I don't feel fat, at least most of the time. Its the pictures that get me. I don't recognize myself. Self-image is a funny thing.

This isn't the first time I've gone through this weight loss thing. But now my son is around, I have some additional motivation. Also, my wife doesn't let me sleep in the same bed with her because of my snoring ( I don't blame her).

So here is the goal. In mid August there is a 5K race in Manchester. I want to run that. RUN, not walk. So my first step is to start eating healthy, and cut out the Pepsi. Oh Pepsi, my friend. Then I've been doing some reading on how a fat person starts running, the best way to ease into it. I think next week I'll start the actual jogging.

I even parked on the far side of parking lot this morning... small steps.

No comments: