Monday, December 13, 2010

Momma said there would be days like this....

I don't know if its a lingering cold in my chest,  the 5 pounds I seemed to put on just this weekend, or just an off day.  What what a crappy day of workouts.   Did 20 laps in the pool this morning, although I was ready to give up after 4.  I could hear a gurgle in my chest as I was breathing heavy.    I did do a 50 meter swim (a full lap down and back non-stop)  for the first time so thats good.  It wasn't pretty, but it doesn't have to be yet.

Then the plan at night was do an almost 5 mile bike ride (in gym)  then hop on the treadmill and do 3 miles like I did last Thursday.  I did the bike ok,   a little slower than I did it the other day but that felt fine.  But when I stepped on the treadmill my body and mind was just not into it.  So I did hill intervals for a mile,  started at 1% for a minute, then walked a min, 2% an min, walked, up to 2 sets of 4% and then I was done.  Nothing left.

And this follows a poor outdoor run on Sunday.   I really hope its my weight that makes me sucky athlete.  I would hate to lose 25 more pounds to find out it doesn't make a difference in my performance.

No comments: