Thursday, August 26, 2010

Broke 2 Barriers

First, as seen in my last post, I broke the 220lb barrier. I think I was a teenager since I last weighed below 220. I was 217 this morning, but I'm done talking about my weight until I hit another milestone. Hopefully 210, but I'll probably mention something if I hit 215 soon.

Second, last night I did a non-stop 5K on the tread mill. I get so bored on the treadmill, even with TV and music or podcasts its tough to keep my legs moving. This time I decided to go slow, a 5mph pace and just keep it constant. I'm reading the book Born to Run and a great quote that comes out of it is:
"If it feels like working, then you're working too hard."

With the quote dancing in my head, I just found a comfortable pace and ran the entire 36ish minutes. It wasn't easy, but I wasn't dieing either (until I cranked up the speed to 6.5 the last 400 meeters). I was going to take a rest day today, but I'm excited to try it again tonight.

Race is on Sunday, figure I can do an easy workout Friday and rest Saturday. After all its only a 5K, not like I'm prepping for a 1/2 or anything.

No comments: