Sunday, August 29, 2010

Race Day!!

For a tiny little 5K that no one really cares if I'm there or not, I do get myself worked up quite a bit over these things. Last night I woke up at 2am, not being able to fall back asleep. When I thought I did fall asleep, the next clock check revealed 2:20. It was a rough night. Eventually I managed to put togther some stretches of sleep that got me to 6am.

So my plan / goal:

36:00. There is NO reason I shouldn't be able to do this. This is a fast and flat course, although I think its a trail and I've never run on trails (since highschool at least). I need to go out of the gate slow, and do reverse splits (look I'm a runner, I used 'reverse splits' in a sentence!!! Hope I'm using it right). Current personal best is 38:31.

Also I'm trying to decide if I'm going to wear headphones or not. I never have on the road/ race and I don't really want to, but it may take my mind off some of the pain I'll be experiencing.

Just had breakfast, bowl of cherrios with blueberrys, and an english muffing. Will probably have a piece of pita bread with peanut butter before I leave.

OH boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job, sweetie! what is a split?